Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend Adventures Part 2 - Crazy Crowds

My roommate and I decided to go downtown to enjoy a day at the mall (yes, I did say enjoy it. She loves shopping. It's growing on me). The mall was fine, but we weren't prepared for the deluge of PEOPLE that swarmed the sidewalks as we were leaving in the evening! I have never walked past so many people in my entire life! The crowds marching toward us here continued with this intensity as we walked an entire 15 minutes towards the subway station! I felt so overwhelmed by the crowds! I think we were the only people in Nagoya going the opposite direction! We're still not sure what all the excitement was about, but rumour has it there was a baseball game starting at the stadium near the mall. Whatever the reason, this experience will remain etched in my memory of life in urban Japan! (Disclaimer: this is the only time in a whole year that my roommate saw crowds like this, so it's not 'normal' for Japan - maybe in Tokyo, but not in Nagoya - but it was CRAZY!)

Getting there -- nice and quiet...
The madness begins...
and goes on, and on, and on...
But just think - Jesus loves every one of those people,
and He knows their every thought!

I was SO happy to get back to home-sweet-suburbian-home!


No comments: