Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I Love Northstar!

Wednesday to Friday of last week are quite possible the best days that I have enjoyed in Japan so far. My class, along with the 7/8 graders from our school, went on a 3 day trip to Northstar, a Christian retreat centre. Located in the mountains near Nagano, they specialize in sports like mountain biking, rock climbing, hiking, snowboarding, and skiing. It was an AMAZING time of outdoor fun, team building activities, and spiritual growth. I loved the opportunity to get to know my students on a more personal level, outside of an academic setting. I relished the opportunity to see a million stars again, breathe fresh air again, sit by water to pray again. And I got paid to go! :) God is so good...

Here are some pictures of the beautiful place and the fun we had:


Me being the flag in a modified version of Capture the Flag


A highlight for me, but less so for the city-kid girls I was with, was hiking to this waterfall


The nice view from outside the lodge

One of the first mountains I've seen that's higher than the tree line!

(I think - unless I saw one when I was little)


Learning to work together and communicate on the low ropes course

Inside the lodge

Two of my students climbing the walls!
Outside the Lodge












No comments: