Yes, yes, I know it's been a very long time. And I'm very soryr. I do appreciate all of your prayers, and please know that I have needed them these past few months. There has been a constant stream of work to do and feeling pressured to complete it all. Thankfully, God is now teaching me to find joy in what I do - instead of fighting it and trying to "enjoy life," I'm just accepting the fact that this is going to take a lot of work. I need to be willing to put the time into it. I've come to peace with that, and God is blessing me in the midst of all "the work." I often remind myself that there are many who would rejoice to have the problems I have - too much to do, no time to cook so food goes bad in the refrigerator (at least there's food there!), wanting more time to talk with friends and family (thankful that I have both!). There's always a new challenge in teaching, but God is giving me the wisdom I need. Please pray that He continually gives me patience and love to really show my students how much HE cares about them.
This weekend was a great break, though. I visited a botanical garden with 3 friends, and the flowers there were absolutely BREATHTAKING. We called it "heaven," but it was more just a great reminder of how beautiful the garden of Eden must have been. God is still just as good, and I was amazed by His creation once again. There's lots of pictures at this website (there are too many to upload here):
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29545&l=22dac&id=501141145
I love to hear from you and I'm looking forward to a visit home this summer. Be blessed!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Steph! Good to hear from you - and I LOVED seeing the pictures of flowers on facebook. Heaven will be a great place - so looking forward to it!
Amen to that!
Post a Comment