I stumbled drearily out of my bedroom early Monday morning. I didn't remember it was my birthday until a few minutes later when my roommate walked out of her room with a gift bag. “Here – your mom left this for you,” she said. What a beautiful start to the day! And it only got better as I leafed through the cards later that night. I was crying happy tears as I read the notes from friends and family from home, so blessed that they would remember me and take the time to write to me on my birthday. Facebook was full of more sweet surprises, as friends that I haven't heard from in a while left birthday wishes on my wall.
I had a truly WONDERFUL 25th birthday! Whether it was going out for dinner with friends, sharing dessert with other April birthday buddies, or reading cards from family & friends far away, I was SO blessed to have people express their love and care for me. All I can say is a huge THANK YOU!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's days like this (when I realize that I forgot someone's birthday) when I wish I had taken my desk calendar from work. It had all those important days written down, and I miss that.
I'm sorry for missing your birthday. Happy belated! It's good to hear that you had a great visit with your parents. How awesome to have that in common. I'm sure future conversations will be better understood now that they have experienced some of it too!
Post a Comment