Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday are two of my favorite days of the whole year because of their significance to the Christian faith, and this year was especially beautiful. On Good Friday, I shared a quiet day with my roommate except for a brief picnic at the park with 2 other close friends. We sat under the sakura (cherry blossoms) and enjoyed good laughs and good talks, while we remembered together the sacrifice Christ made when He died for our sins. We celebrated life as we made a goofy exercise video by the pond (which I will probably be embarrassed about someday), and then biked home to relax until our church's Good Friday service began.
I've been playing piano on our church's worship team recently, and it has been a lot of fun playing for the last two weeks because there is a new electric guitar player who has joined the team. Before, our team had a really acoustic sound so it's been a fun challenge to adjust our sound and mesh as a group with a new instrument and different feel. The Good Friday and Easter services stick out in my mind for the musical challenge and the enjoyment of playing with a truly talented team.
Of course, there was also a much more “spiritual” side to the service, and on both Good Friday and Easter Sunday I was blown away to be reminded of the depth of God's love. He knows that I mess up, make mistakes, and throw sin in His face, but He STILL loves me. He STILL accepts me. I'm being reminded over and over again that Christianity is not about a list of You should... but a statement that He did...
As one of my friends on facebook said, Easter is “Remembering the immense.”
the immense love of God for sinners
the immense sacrifice that Christ made by laying down his life
the immense gift that I am given when I receive Christ as my Savior
the immense opportunity to share this love with a world that desperately needs a message of grace
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment