Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Yippee!

I am blessed. In case anyone was wondering, I just thought I'd share that. :) The good news is, you can be, too.


Today I was blessed by two great ladies from my church, Jen and Jess, whom I don't/didn't even know that well. We met and chatted during a young adults BBQ event, and when they heard that I was moving to Japan but had never eaten Japanese food, they decided to do something about it! Jess' favourite restaurant is a place that actually serves authentic Japanese food, so off we went to sample Japanese cuisine. I was a little nervous, because I realized that if I hated it I would still have to eat it for most of the coming year, but thankfully, I liked it (well, most of it. Apparently tempura is an acquired taste). It was a blessing to be treated to an authentically Japanese dinner, but there's more.


Jess also gave me a going-away present: a beautiful, pink, small Bible for travelling. I've really wanted one (and had mentioned that during the BBQ on Sunday), but was NOT expecting to get it, especially not from someone that I've only really talked to twice. But, God is GOOD and I know that "every good and perfect gift comes from God." He motivated Jess to bless me with this gift, and I am SO thankful.


And along with these two blessings comes a third - our conversation. Jen & Jess shared things that I needed to hear. I (apparently) shared things that they needed to hear. Things that we have thought about or prayed about were confirmed and understood by one another. This is what I call a "divine appointment," or when my "string" (the red one ...haha... see "My Life as a Red String" if you're confused) crosses some other "strings" in God's tapestry. He puts us all together to make something beautiful - in His time.


"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." - Ecc. 3:11

No comments: