Sunday, December 23, 2007

Do You Hear What I Hear?

A friend of mine is serving as a missionary in North Africa, among Muslim people. She sent me this beautiful reminder to pray for those nations, based on that familiar carol, "Do you hear what I hear?"

"Do you hear what I hear?
The minaret sounding the Muslim call to prayer five times a day, each time representing Satan's very real hold over the entire Arab homeland. Words from the Quran echoing everywhere disgracing our Savior and denying His deity and His payment for their lives.

Do you see what I see?
Women living in bondage, literally cloaked from head to toe, visibly only showing eyes consumed with fear and desperation .Men lined up in the mosque, bowing to appease ritualistic customs and giving praise to the father of lies. Women working 10 hour days for 10 dollars only to support their families who mistreat them as sanctioned by Quranic law. People helping their neighbors attempting to earn their way to heaven because to them it's all about good works. Children instinctively cringing when an adult draws near because the belt, the hand, the foot have all become commonly used weapons of intimidation and punishment .

Do you know what I know?
Each time someone falls on their knees in the west, this part of the world is changed.People here are imprisoned and heavily persecuted because of the growth of the underground church. Still people here are praising His name and sharing His truth. This is an act that results in numerous people carrying their cross at a cost with their lives .

As brothers and sisters around the world join to celebrate the Lamb's birth, I pray that you all may have unashamed love for Jesus Christ, rejoicing and sharing the profound meaning of December 25th, simply because you can. Listen to what He says."


This inspired me to write some thoughts about Japan. It's not as cool as hers, but it's just as heartfelt.

Do you hear what I hear?
Clicking boots as they rush to work, serving the god of materialism and always chasing for more.

Do you see what I see?
Children bowing before Buddha, offering coins and prayers to a god who neither knows them nor loves them.

Do you know what I know?"
JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW!" But will they hear that message? Will their ears be opened?

Pray, pray, pray for ears to hear and eyes to see the open arms of God,Our Loving Heavenly Father,His Son, Jesus, our Prince of Peace and Friend,His Spirit, our Comforter, Healer and Guide. Pray that they will know what we know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it