God had placed me in this same region, where one man's life had been a seed. He planted the word of God in people hearts. Over time, God had made it grow. Krystal's grandfather had no idea of the fruit his life would bear. It would be the same with me. I would be obedient, content to be where God had led me and taking advantage of every opportunity He gave me to demonstrate His love or speak of His grace. My seeds would be planted, and I would trust God to make them grow.
Once these things had been settled with God and my attitude changed, I started having a wonderful time in Quebec. Things got better at school: I went on a hiking trip with some of the classes, and I made more connections with both students and teachers. Things got better at church. Although God had provided a couple good and very welcoming friends at church, I hadn't felt like I belonged. A week before Krystal arrived I decided to switch churches, to be in a place where I could be involved in the ministries I was already passionate about. I was excited to see children worshipping at this church. I could teach a group of English-speaking Native children each week. I was asked to play keyboard for worship. I started to build some wonderful relationships with here, and this church became my home. Hiking trip - crossing a really high, narrow bridge
Once these things had been settled with God and my attitude changed, I started having a wonderful time in Quebec. Things got better at school: I went on a hiking trip with some of the classes, and I made more connections with both students and teachers. Things got better at church. Although God had provided a couple good and very welcoming friends at church, I hadn't felt like I belonged. A week before Krystal arrived I decided to switch churches, to be in a place where I could be involved in the ministries I was already passionate about. I was excited to see children worshipping at this church. I could teach a group of English-speaking Native children each week. I was asked to play keyboard for worship. I started to build some wonderful relationships with here, and this church became my home. Hiking trip - crossing a really high, narrow bridge
Enjoying outdoor beauty with Genvieve, my first friend :)
A beautiful, welcoming couple - Emily & Louis
I've never seen anyone so competitive at Monopoly!
Melanie - who knew such a great friendship would start by going out for "coffee"...especially when neither of us drink it!
Maude, another great friend, and Allison (aka Lysol) - Two beautiful brown-eyed girls!
The cute kids from church
.jpg)
Hiking with school - crossing the high bridge at Parc Aiguebelle...
My church - during a special event, partnering with Native believers
So beautiful!
I thank God for the many blessings He gave me and lessons He taught me. Looking back, I see how this whole year in Quebec really laid the foundation for what comes next for me -- teaching in Japan.
.jpg)

.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment